We had over 20 applicants for a unit we are renting in Long Beach, CA. A pastor from a local church called me and asked if we would consider a homeless couple that were frequent visitors of the church. He wanted to know if I would even look at their application, knowing that they have bad credit, were evicted from their previous house and many other derogatory items. I said I would be flexible and encouraged the couple to apply. I took the risk and rented them the unit. With the help of the their church, they were able to come up with the security deposit. Not only did I rent them the unit, I also hired them to do handy work in the building. This is giving them a second chance in life!
My Recent Posts
- Buyer’s Optimism regarding real estate values in California- WAY UP! October 22, 2013
- B. Rich Realty September 2013 Newsletter October 11, 2013
- Buyers be forarmed with these Top 10 Overlooked Questions. September 24, 2013
- HOW TO BUILD YOUR CREDIT September 19, 2013
- WHY WE NEED TO BUILD CREDIT? September 11, 2013